It’s Time to Apartmentalize…
The 2017 National Apartment Association Education and Expo in Atlanta promises to be an exciting few days of courses, sessions, panels with speakers, industry experts, and attendees.
With so many options available, how can you decide which sessions to attend?
We’ve chosen the Top 10 sessions at NAA 2017 that every multifamily professional should attend…or at least tell your boss you’ve attended.
Wednesday, June 21st
Finding the Cure for Community: (Why) Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Why: There is a lot of research linking relationships and ties to community to our health and stability. We’ve seen first-hand how mobile technology helps to cultivate “neighborhoods” in your communities and, as a result, increase resident retention and all around happiness. This talk will hopefully give us some ideas for what other features and functionality to build on our platform to maximize retention and strengthen the community of our clients.
- Rick Graf (Pinnacle President and CEO)
- Jennifer Piccotti (ManagInc Chief Operating Officer)
- Beth Tuttle (Lennar Multifamily Vice President of Marketing)
- Kiley Haught (Moderator)
Thursday, June 22nd
Ditching the Clipboards: Facilities Management in the Digital Age
Why: Armed with the MyResidentLinc mobile platform, our clients are ditching the pen and paper with dramatic results. We’re really excited to further our understanding of how to modernize our clients’ community and its processes by implementing technology (top-tier customer service, better maintain your property and improve staff efficiency.)
- Terry Danner (SightPlan CEO)
- Chase Harrington (Entrata COO)
- Matthew Kelly (Campus Apartments Vice President of Facilities & Project Management)
- Raymond van Beveren (Moderator)
Advanced Turnaround Strategies: Cures for Under-performing Properties
Why: The greatest property management challenge: how to turn around a troubled or under-performing property. This talk will focus on maximizing both your time and investment dollars.
- Doug Linneman (Kenco Apartment Communities Vice President)
- Brent Sobol (Legacy Community Housing President)
- Dan Lieberman (Moderator)
Marketing Maneuvers: Data in the Driver’s Seat
Why: At this panel, attendees will learn smart marketing techniques from thought leaders. Hear how today’s top marketing strategists are leveraging data and business intelligence to target leads, fix site issues and maximize revenue. This talk alone will be worth the price of admission.
- Diana Norbury (Pillar Properties Vice President of Multifamily Operations)
- Candace Weaver (Bell Partners Inc. Director of Marketing)
- Dharmendra Sawh (Moderator).
Ahead of the Curve: Exceeding Expectations with Innovative Communities
Why: Creating things that attract today’s apartment residents can seem overwhelming with changing expectations and new innovations. This interactive discussion will focus on ideas and resources for amenities and updates to stay competitive in your market. We’re particularly interested in hearing Sandford Steinberg and Katy Good’s thoughts on App’s and App-Based Amenities.
Room: B308 – B309
- Kate Good (Hunington Residential, Inc. & Apartment All-Stars Senior Vice President of Development & Operations)
- Sanford P. Steinberg, AIA, CGP (Steinberg Design Collaborative Principal Architect)
Apartment e-Commerce: Traditional Methods for Online Leasing
Why: A discussion on applying tried-and-true sales and customer service techniques to the virtual leasing area. Including the best practices for getting both virtual and real-world sales offices converting leads and finding smarter, more effective ways to communicate with residents at every stage of their apartment search. This is one not to miss! Can’t wait to hear from Mike Whaling, President of 30 Lines.
- Chris Beckwith (The Franklin Johnston Group Vice President of Marketing)
- Madeline Coite, NALP (WC Smith Content Manager)
- Eric Clark (Greystar Director of Marketing)
- Mike Whaling (Moderator)
Ancillary Income: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Why: We’ve seen first hand how multifamily companies can increase revenue through their own mobile app. We’re curious to see what everyone else is doing.
- Chase Harrington (Entrata Chief Operating Officer)
- Robert Speck (Bonaventure Realty Group Director of Performance Management)
- Kellie Hughes (Mill Creek Vice President of Operations)
- Gunti Weissenberger (The Westover Companies President)
Carving a Competitive Edge with New Trends and Designs
Why: Maximize your return on investment by understanding what appeals most to demographic segments like Baby Boomers or Millennials, and tailor your upgrades to entice new residents and increase retention rates. We’ll be covering innovations in smart technology and home automation more in-depth over the next few months, but this talk will be a great starting point to learn how to carve out a competitive edge in your market with quick and inexpensive updates.
- Liz Ballard (The Home Depot Manager of Trends & Design)
- Sarah H. Fishburne (The Home Depot Director of Trends & Design)
Everyone Can Be a Geek: Tech Tips, Tools, and Tricks
Why: With so many gadgets, apps, and online resources available, how does one determine which tools make life easier and more productive? Obviously, we think our mobile app platform is the best on the market, but what we also preach is having a platform that is compatible with other apps and technologies to help collectively move the multifamily industry forward.
- Russ Webb (Atlanta & Georgia Apartment Associations Vice President)
Friday 23rd June
Prospects and Online Reviews: May the Force Be With You
Why: Exactly what it says in the title of the talk. A significant number of prospects turn to ratings and reviews at the beginning of their apartment search. This talk will arm you with the power to use this behavior to your advantage.
- Kathy Hernandez (Camden Property Trust Director of Strategic Marketing)
- Jackie Rhone, CPM, CAPS (Greystar Executive Director of Real Estate, AMO)
- Ian Mattingly CPM (LumaCorp Inc. President)
- Joseph Batdorf (Moderator)
Total Disruption: Meet the Companies Affecting the Industry
Why: Technology is changing the multifamily industry. We’re looking forward to hearing from like-minded innovative start-ups that are disrupting all facets of the apartment business and, as a result, positively changing multifamily companies.
- Constance Freedman (Moderne Ventures Managing Partner)
- Jennifer Staciokas (Pinnacle Senior Vice President of Marketing & Training)
It’s Automatic! Creating Value within the Digital Customer Experience
Why: Learn from other industries about how technologies create competitive advantage, improve staff performance and the customer experience. Another unmissable session. Listen, the multifamily industry is slow to adopt change, but we believe they’re beginning to see how technology changes the user experience and this talk is evidence of the fact.
- Art Lieb, CAPS (The Gene B. Glick Company Managing Partner)
- Jason Whittington (The Gene B. Glick Company Vice President, Business Solutions)
- Chris LoSapio (Federal Capital Partners Director of Asset Management)
- Richard A. Levitan (Moderator)
Military Housing Marketing Roundtable: “Heads Together” Solution Seeking
Why: We would love to expand our mobile platform to the military housing industry. We’re interested in hearing from these professionals and learning how we can help to put our “heads together” at MyResidentLinc, too.
- Cindy Gersch (Hunt Military Communities Vice President Corporate Communications)
- Kristin Miller (WinnResidential Military Housing Services Portfolio Marketing & Leasing Manager)
- Ashley Gorski Poole (Lincoln Military Housing National Marketing Manager)
- Kirstin Rich (Moderator)
The education at NAA doesn’t stop when these sessions end. Visit MyResidentLinc at Booth 643 to discuss the multifamily mobile app revolution to:
- Pick up your free guide to building your own custom-branded multifamily mobile app
- Discuss how mobile technology can help your company to attract residents, retain residents, and make property management easier
- Meet the MyResidentLinc team and eat some delicious frozen yogurt (we promise not to eat it all)
We’re looking forward to meeting you in Atlanta!
P.S. Want to schedule a meeting to discuss the multifamily mobile app revolution? Here is a link to our schedule.
P.P.S. For you mathematicians out there, we did indeed cheat by adding an extra two to our list. Please don’t hate us!